You will need your GetResponse API key in order to integrate it successfully with third-party applications and your website.
Users can easily obtain their API key from their GetResponse account under integrations and API and then copying and pasting their API key. GetResponse just rolled out API 3.0 to empower users with newer methods and tools, but if you want to stick to the older versions, you can do so without having to upgrade. But we strongly recommend doing so.
Upgrading to API 3.0 will let you use automated tools and scripts to run your marketing campaigns, and an all-around enhanced experience. Some of the tools offered by GetResponse include gathering statistics, analytics, newsletters, automating emails, managing campaigns, and creating surveys – all of which go hand in hand to help you achieve your goals.+
Step-by-Step Guide on Obtaining Your GetResponse API Key
Obtaining your GetResponse API key is a very simple process and can be done in just a few clicks. The first step would be to log in to your GetResponse account. Once you’re in the account, you’ll have to follow four simple steps to obtain your API key.
- Once in the account, look to the left screen to find ‘autofunnel’. This will reveal the drop-down Menu.
- The dropdown Menu will list out several options, but for our intents and purposes, you will switch to Integrations and API to open the integration center.
- Click on API.
- This will reveal a new option “Generate API Key”. Finally, you will be asked to give your new API key a name to help you easily remember it.
Once you have named your API Key, GetResponse will automatically generate your new key with its name on top. From here on out, it’s simply a matter of copying and pasting the API key to integrate it with your WordPress website and various plugins and extensions. We recommend using a name to help you keep track of all your API keys if you end up using more than one.
How to Setup GetResponse with WordPress
This process assumes you have obtained your API key. In this tutorial, we will simply copy and paste the API we generated in the previous steps.
- Log into the admin panel of WordPress
- Open the Plugins menu and click Add New
- Type “GetResponse for WordPress” in the search field.
- Once you’ve found the plugin, click on Install now. When the plugin has finished installing, it’s time to activate it.
- Activating the plugin is simple enough. Simply go to Plugins, Installed Plugins, and locate “GetResponse for WordPress”. Click on Activate.
- i) Once there, simply go to the Accounttab in the plugin.
ii) Retrieve your API code. Copy and paste it in Menu> Integrations > API. This process is slightly different for GetResponse Enterprise users, in which case, you’ll have to check the checkbox to confirm that you’re an Enterprise user.
iii) Now click on Connect.
Integrate GetResponse to Getsitecontrol
To start connecting your GetResponse account to your Getsitecontrol account, simply click on the Integrations tab at the top of the menu.
- Under “Third Party Integrations”, click on +Add Application linkand choose GetResponse from the dropdown Menu.
- Now simply enter your GetResponse API key.
- Finally, you will be asked to choose a list from your existing GetResponse lists. Choose the one you want to export.
Make sure you have properly mapped your fields to the correct field type so that the extension knows what they are. If not, you may have to check that the fields are properly matched.
How to Integrate GetResponse with Inboundnow
In order to successfully link your GetResponse account with your Inbound now extension on WordPress, you’ll have to follow a few simple steps as outlined below:
- Visit the Admin dashboard on WordPress.
- Click on Leads> Settings > Extensions.
- Once there, navigate to Inbound Pro> Settings > Extension Settings
- This will reveal an empty box under GetResponse where you will have to paste your GetResponse API key.
- After your API Keys have been set up, it’s time to open and edit the Inbound Form you want to integrate GetResponse with. Simply click on the checkbox to enable the GetResponse integration for any particular form and then choose your contacts list to send a submission to.
How to Integrate GetResponse with ClickFunnels
- Go to the ClickFunnels integration settings and select Add New Integration
- Use the search bar to find GetResponse
- Give your new integration a nickname to make integrations easier to track
- Paste your API key that you just generated from the previous steps.
- Now click on Add Integration
- Finally, to successfully integrate with GetResponse, you will need a list created in GetResponse
From here on out, you can add autoresponder integration to a funnel step and product sale.
GetResponse API Endpoint
GetResponse API endpoint looks exactly the same for all GetResponse users across the platform. Here’s what the base URL looks like: https://api.getresponse.com/v3. Moreover, the last bits of the endpoint indicates which version you are currently using. For example, the version we are using is V3. Most users will have different API endpoints depending on the version that they are using.
The API endpoint will look different for enterprise platform users. For an enterprise platform user to successfully connect their API via URL, they should ideally get in touch with their manager for help on which API to choose. Enterprise platform users have two options to choose from:
It is imperative to authenticate all information that is sent to the API. For example, the authentication header must contain similar information as the API key. GetResponse makes it a rule to delete unused keys if they haven’t seen use in 90 days for security reasons.
That being said, users can always create another API if the old one expired.
If you have other questions about GetResponse API keys, please contact us now or let us know in the comment section below.