Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
GetResponse is a great email marketing tool that lets you create highly personalized and efficient marketing campaigns using various channels to grow your business and maximize sales.
By far the biggest advantage of GetResponse is being able to integrate with other marketing tools that complement its own services. One such tool is ClickFunnels, it is an online tool that lets businesses build funnels efficiently and affordably without requiring any prior coding experience.
GetResponse makes it extremely simple to integrate your account with ClickFunnels in just a few steps.
Here are some things you will need:
- A GetResponse account
- A ClickFunnels account
- A contact list in your GetResponse account
Step 1: Obtain Your GetResponse API Key
We have covered this process many times in previous blogs, but we’ll go over it once again to simplify the integration process. You will need an API key to connect your GetResponse account to the ClickFunnels account. Each user on GetResponse gets access to a unique API key that can be used to integrate with third-party tools.
Here’s how to obtain your GetResponse API Key:
- Log in to your GetResponse account
- Click on Menu on the top of the dashboard
- Click on Integrations and API
- Go to API and then click on “Generate API Key” to create a new key. Copy this key for later use.
Step 2: Integrate GetResponse with ClickFunnels
- Visit your ClickFunnels dashboard and navigate to Integrations
- In the Integrations dashboard, click on Add New Integration
- You will be shown a list of available integrations to choose from, click on GetResponse
- Give the new integration your preferred nickname under Integration Nickname and provide the API key that you just obtained from your GetResponse account. This will be used to connect your GetResponse account to the ClickFunnels account.
- The GetResponse Integration is now complete and can be used with all your available funnels and landing pages that you created with ClickFunnels.
But what if ClickFunnels Fails to Connect to GetResponse?
If GetResponse is unable to connect to ClickFunnels, your funnel will not be able to connect to all the leads you generated with ClickFunnels.
Here are a few things you should note if you are facing difficulties:
Both platforms are changing and updating their systems on a regular basis and are in different development cycles. It is possible for integrations to get interrupted because of version issues between the two apps. It is worth noting that GetResponse updated their API v1.5 to API v3.0 in 2019. You can click here to learn more about their API documentation.
One of the main reasons why GetResponse and ClickFunnels don’t properly connect is because of conflicting APIs. You may have to reach the GetResponse customer support team to obtain API versions V2 and V3 on your account.
The good news is that this is relatively simple to perform and if you follow the above instructions you won’t face any difficulty.
Other solutions to the API issue
Downgrade your API
One easy option is to downgrade your API. You will have to reach GetResponse customer support and explain the problem of conflicts with ClickFunnels. Ask them to downgrade your API to 1.5. Do keep in mind that this is a temporary fix and won’t be available if GetResponse decides to dump 1.5 completely.
Create HTML Forms
You can use HTML forms to automatically send subscribers over from ClickFunnels to GetResponse. Under Email Integration Settings, click on HTML forms instead of connecting by API.
This method allows you to integrate the code for your HTML form into your landing page. Here’s how you can do this on ClickFunnels:
- Click on Settings>Integrations
- Under Integrations, select Null (HTML form)
- Under Action, select Integrate Existing Form
- Paste the HTML form you received from GetResponse
- Click on “Parse & Save Web Form”
- Make sure the form fields on ClickFunnels are consistent with GetResponse fields
- Manually set your redirect URL
Make Sure to Test Out Your New Integration
- You can test your new integration by vising the ClickFunnels dashboard, navigating to ClickFunnels, and then clicking on Funnelsto visit the specific landing page or funnel that you want to promote.
- Navigate to the Classic Editor in your landing page, and then click on Settings, followed by Integrationsto reveal the integrations menu. A new pop up will then appear on the right side of the ClickFunnels website.
- Next to Integrations, click on Select Integration to choose GetResponse from the dropdown menu. You can also configure different actions with the Action button, and select your campaign from List to Add.
- Your ClickFunnels account is now connected to your GetResponse account and is fully activated. This will be shown by a check mark that will be visible next to integrations in the Settings menu.
What You Can Expect from GetResponse and ClickFunnels
Combining both GetResponse and ClickFunnels is a powerful marketing tool that will let you perform a range of tasks including:
- Create custom landing pages and build sales funnels.
- Drive email marketing campaigns, trigger workflows automatically when things happen in either of the apps, and create lists.
- Add contacts and update their information with relative ease.
GetResponse wants to make email marketing simple for businesses so they can maximize their sales. GetResponse does this by increasing your outreach through subscribers and email lists. It makes integration with opt-in forms on your websites extremely simple.
ClickFunnels on the other hand lets you categorize your subscribers and contact list based on their preferences and behavior. This allows you to create customized email campaigns for different customers based on their spending patterns.
Being able to use both ClickFunnels and GetResponse can help you automate two of the most hectic operations in marketing, i.e. email campaigns and sales funnels. This will save you time and make your daily operations far more efficient.
Click here to learn how to use GetResponse Autoresponders.