GetResponse :- It’s a breeze to send emails to one or two people. But when you’re a business dealing with hundreds of contacts, each having their set of unique behaviors and requirements, it’s important to start getting a little creative.
While it is possible to write emails to hundreds of individuals and fine-tune their message accordingly, the whole process is extremely time-consuming. As your business grows, you will likely deal with thousands of subscribers a day.
This is why tools such as GetResponse are so useful. GetResponse is a highly intuitive email marketing platform that specializes in customized emails, follow up campaigns, and email newsletters. It helps you you send emails to multiple clients, based on how they interact with your business, with just a few clicks. All you have to do is ‘teach’ GetResponse how to interact with clients and you’re good to go.
Businesses that successfully use GetResponse are quickly able to increase their sign-up rate, number of sales, and click through rates. But to gain any benefit from GetResponse, you have to first learn how to properly send emails to prospects.
How to Send Emails with GetResponse
There are two primary ways of sending emails using GetResponse.
1. Generating an Autoresponder
Start by going to the dashboard and clicking on Create to trigger a dropdown menu. This will list out different options for you to start creating emails using GetResponse. You can create regular automated email sequences, also known as Autoresponders by GetResponse, or you could create newsletters that allow you to send emails to specific individuals.
From the dashboard, click on Menu and choose Autoresponders. You will be taken to the Manage Autoresponders page. Hit “Create Autoresponder” to start creating your autoresponder message. You can now start filling in the details for it.
- Go to the Menu> Autoresponders
- Click on Create autoresponders
- Give the new message a unique name
- Link the autoresponder to your contact list. This list contains all the users contacts who have currently subscribed to you. If you plan on creating more than one autoresponder in one cycle, simply select the same list for them.
- You can also specify a certain day in a cycle for the autoresponder. For example, you can start sending messages right away on Day 0 (the day your contacts subscribe to your list), or the next day after they’ve opted-in. For the best results, you should assign specific days based on the highest user activity to increase the chances of contacts opening your email.
- Select the email account you would like to send emails from. This is also the email that users will reply to.
- Type out your message in the subject line.
- Click on the Design message to customize how your message should appear. It is extremely important to customize your message to make it appear authentic and trustworthy. You can choose from several templates.
- Select whether you want to integrate Google Analytics into the message.
- Click on Save if you want to send the messages based on a schedule. Click on Save and Publish if you want to send the message right away.
2. Creating a Newsletter
Let’s tackle the second type of email, which in this case is the newsletter. Newsletters are different than Autoresponders because they let you choose who gets to receive your email. With Autoresponders, as long as someone is in your email, they will get your message. Email newsletters are particularly useful if you want to send emails based on user behavior and how they interact with your website, products, and services.
For example, if you want to only send an email to paid users for a specific service, your best bet would be to go with newsletters to send exclusive content.
Here’s how you can start sending newsletters:
- Follow the same steps outline above but when you click on Create, choose the option “Newsletter” from the dropdown menu.
- Give your new message an internal name.
- Select and customize your list of subscribers.
- Create a message on the subject line.
- To add recipients to your message, click on “Add recipients”. This method is particularly useful if you don’t have a very larger user base. To manually add recipients, click on “I want to select contacts manually”.
- To design the message, click on “Design message”. Once again, it is very important to customize your message to make it look professional and trustworthy. Choose from various themes or create your custom design. Your goal should be to make the design consistent with your branding and colors.
- Once you are satisfied with the email’s design, you can schedule when the email newsletter should be sent to clients. Click on the “schedule” button at the bottom of the page. You can send emails to clients based on their time zone or at a time when they are most likely to see the email. You can decide the time yourself or click on “Perfect Timing” to let GetResponse do this for you.
- Your email is now ready to go.
There you have it. You’ve now learned how to send your first email with GetResponse! As we mentioned earlier, it is an intuitive and easy tool that lets you quickly send emails to your subscribers based on different factors. Make sure to learn all there is to know about GetResponse to quickly grow your business.
GetResponse lets you try all their premium features with their free 14-day trial and doesn’t require your credit card information either. But once the 14 days have passed, it will charge you a small fee based on the number of contacts on your list. In our opinion, GetResponse offers the best possible value for money compared to other email service providers out there.
You can grow your subscribers to maximize your reach. This also translates to higher sales because more prospects are aware of your products and services as a result.
Ready to use GetResponse?